Thursday, September 9, 2010

To Everything There Is A Season

I have always loved writing. Growing up it was usually in the form of journaling or poetry as well as my silly attempts as a third grader to write an actual book. That "book" is in deed quite amusing to read now.

I am also what I like to call a "social introvert" This means I am not shy. I love to be around people and gatherings and I enjoy being social. However, in order to refuel myself, and in order to process the life that is speeding by before me, I MUST have some "Me Time."

"Me Time" is something very hard to come by as a mother of 3 young children. It is even harder to find when you are the mom of a special needs child. So for the past 5 years as I parented my high needs baby who became my high needs toddler and then high needs preschooler, time to myself to process anything going on was very rare.

But this August we gathered together a Buzz Lightyear lunchbox and a SpiderMan backpack and sent my firstborn to be a schoolboy for the very first time. After all the hugging and picture taking was done and we waved goodbye to that yellow bus, we came home and my 2yr old immediatly became occupied in her world of self-play while the baby also entertained herself somewhere close by. I soon found myself in a happy rhythm of fullfilling my responsibilities as well as also finding time to relax in my own home. Wow, so this is what "normal" is like? That's not to say that my 2 daughters don't still keep me busy, they do! But I am somehow now able to accomplish in a day what use to take more than a week. And I am able to find time amidst the daily grind to go inside myself again and think. To an introvert like me, this was especially refreshing.

So I decided to start this blog, because well, I have time for it! It is a new season of life for me and a lot that has been put inside me these last 5 years is dying to get out. "InMostMusings" was not my first, nor my 100th, pick of blog and domain names. I am a bit behind the times and just about every word in the english language was already taken. But "inmostmusings" is what I found available that also best describes my reasons for starting this blog:

 "To Everything There is a Season" - perhaps this is my season for writing things down again.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world Trish! I started a blog, but haven't had the chance to post anything yet because of the "season of life" I am in(LOL). You are an amazing woman and I am proud to call you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Trish! Glad you are enjoying the beginning of this new season of having Z in school. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your blog, Trish! I can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete